French leading independent automotive parts retailer, Autodistribution is operating in a mature market. After an international acquisition and the initial settlement of the ERP, Autodistribution suffered a setback in 2007 that conducted it to guess an English investment found and to return to a group purchasing governance.
5.500 employees. 2015 annual revenue €1.1B
CTO - IT Operations Officer 11/2010 – 02/2015
The IS was mainly based on MOVEX running on AS400, a WMS and a B2B site. Bespoke developments were lowering the nominal run and IT infrastructure was exhausted, due to a long period of savings. Working closely with the CIO (50 p. managed) and the CFO, I drove the global IT Operations team, the local IT.
Managed CAPEX > €1.5M & OPEX > €4M.
20 managed employees & ~20 FTE sub-contractors
- Recover QoS and achieve a 30% budget decrease in 4 years
- Rationalize RACIs, strengthen helpdesks, normalize relationships with outsourcers
- Hire 3 Infrastructure Projects Managers, install an effective education program and assume ITIL coaching
- Refresh, virtualize and simplify the main IT applications, set-up a SAN, generalize VMware, refresh, virtualize XenApps, install automatic provisioning mechanism for CITRIX, ETC
- Industrialize operations: centralize supervision on a Centreon console allowing an accurate detailed control of warehouse operations, dramatically reduce impacts of incidents by resolving workload conflicts between non-authorized releases and batches / TP by implementing a single point of schedule with OPCON, consolidate saves with NetBackup
- Support the migration of the main National platform to a new WMS and daily improvement of IT usage inside the national and local warehouses (WIFI, bare code hand devices, ETC)
- Rebuild infrastructure, consolidate centralized IT & relocate on a couple of "tier-4" datacenters without significant business incident. Provide high power supply SLA for the ERP systems
- Found principles for business call-centers. Framework the choice and the deployment of a cloud solution. Daily functional and technical administration of the national ToIP and of 4 existing call centers based on Alcatel OXE
- Audit partners’ IT projects or firms to be acquired
- Modernize IT governance. Institutionalize Steering Committees with business for managing IT services levels
- Design and implement the first IS Security Management System