1989-1995 CNP ASSURANCES
This insurance company, leader in the French life market, was a branch of the French financial governmental group Caisse des Dépôts & Consignations (CDC). CDC has no equivalent in other countries, excepting Canada. This institution manages a very large budget, > B€.1000. IT teams were belonging to the common body “Informatique CDC". CNP is now partially privately owned. Gaining from its powerful channels, CNP achieved a strong growth in that period: €1.8B in 1989 to €13B in 1995.
This conducted to exploit the largest European BULL GCOS8 mainframe.
IT Operations: 110 internals. Budget > €100M.
CTO Assistant – CISO 12/1992 – 12/1995
Reporting to the CTO, instruct strategic IT decisions.
Facilitate relationships between teams, involved in a cultural & technical move from mainframe to open systems.
Manage the Plans, Norms & Security team. 5 employees + 5 sub-contractors
- Negotiate big contracts (one > €20M) and prepare Strategic Steering Committees with CEO
- Make CDC recognize HP as a strategic and authorized IT provider
- Specify a distributed access management system. Animate and negotiate the improvement actions plan. Report to both CNP & ICDC. Conduct IT audits
- Help IT operations to implement a backward automatic documentation system, a supervision and optimize the in-house scheduler, …
- Rationalize IT disaster recovery. Define the strategy and realize all steps until the real test of the largest configuration in Europe. In the same time, move operations to a new DC
Software Architect 08/1991 – 11/1992
Member of a core team of 5 architects and PM, reporting directly to the new CIO. The purpose was to conduct the preparation phase of the new IS
- Printing: specify a generic tool for managing annual insurance payments. PM.
- Actuarial: develop and APL/IBM application and migrate later to FOCUS
- DWH TERADATA: evangelize stakeholders, conduct the set-up and design the DWH database
- Technical proof of concepts: participate or conduct developments of prototypes for the new SI, especially an object service bus and an insurance-object oriented prototyping tool
Project support & methods Engineer 11/1989 – 07/1991
Belonging to a small group of 4 specialists of CNP Assurance sent to the central software support direction (16 p.) of the CDC.
- Provide PMO services, methodological and tools support to about 15 PM
- Method and tool and specialist: Merise (Design), Costs evaluation, PM and associated tools like MEGA, PMW…